Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Shoe <ms...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/10 18:46:20 UTC

Tag source code in CVS with Maven version number

Gang

Thanks in advance for your help.

I want to set up my environment so that all maven deploy's are done
from my continuous integration environment(cruise control) and not
developer machines.  I also would like to
tag the source code in cvs when CC performs a "mvn deploy" with the
approproate maven version number.

In other words if my pom file looks like the following

<?xml version="1.0"?>
 xmlns:xsi=" http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd ">
 <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
 <groupId>com.foo.bar</groupId>
 <artifactId>mymodule</artifactId>
 <version>1.1.1</version>

I'd like to issue "mvn scm:tag" with a lable like this
"CC_mymodule_1.1.1".  Currently I'm throwing a tag in that offers the
build number and the cctimestamp.  It's decent but having the maven
version number would be perfect.

My current cruisecontrol config.xml looks like this.

<schedule interval="600">
            <maven2 mvnhome="${maven.home}"
                    pomfile="projects/${project.name}/pom.xml"
                    flags="-Dtag=CC_${label}_${cctimestamp}"
                    goal="clean scm:update|compile deploy"/>
        </schedule>

Can I do this?  I've gurgled for more than an hour now and can't find
anyone doing this.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Tag source code in CVS with Maven version number

Posted by Steven Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Shoe,

The maven-release-plugin has functionality to do this sort of thing,
though I'm not sure how you would combine it with continuous integration:

   <http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/>

Steve