Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/11 01:37:17 UTC

Name Change Logistics

In case you are not following the general incubator list, I announced our
intention to change the name to Edgent.  A couple of people on the list
recommended we look here for an example of what needs to be done.

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/55ad2af1f8216950a33778aa04518ce552e741483ec35a28c3ee0d58@1411763341@%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E

We can start infrastructure tasks, etc. before we get approval, but the
risk is that if the suitable name request is not approved, we might have to
do it again.  I'm happy to work on the infrastructure requests to get the
new name going, but would like some input on when we should start that.  Do
we want to get started, knowing that it might change again or wait?

Kathy

Re: Name Change Logistics

Posted by Dan Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
On 6/10/2016 11:29 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> We can start infrastructure tasks, etc. before we get approval, but the
>> risk is that if the suitable name request is not approved, we might have to
>> do it again.
>
> I think Infra would need the polling name search JIRA to be completed first? (not 100% sure re that may be best to ask on the incubator thread.
>
> There\u2019s no harm in waiting for that be be complete.
+1

Dan.

Re: Name Change Logistics

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> We can start infrastructure tasks, etc. before we get approval, but the
> risk is that if the suitable name request is not approved, we might have to
> do it again.

I think Infra would need the polling name search JIRA to be completed first? (not 100% sure re that may be best to ask on the incubator thread.

There’s no harm in waiting for that be be complete.

Thanks,
Justin