Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com> on 2006/08/23 16:02:39 UTC

[app-bug] NIO problems when running Apache MINA examples

Hello,

I have recently downloaded Apache MINA, which is a framework for writing
network applications, and tried to run some of the examples with Harmony.
There were some problems getting the examples to run and if anyone is
interested in taking a look I think I have found an NIO bug -
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1270.

Regards,

Sian January

IBM Java Technology Centre, UK

Re: [app-bug] NIO problems when running Apache MINA examples

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
2006/8/24, Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>:

> Sian January wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > Thanks very much for looking at this.  I have synchronised and tried
> > with a
> > new build and those two examples are working now.  I will make sure I do
> > everything with a fresh build in future!  Anyway it looks like we have
> > some
> > good results with MINA so I will update the Wiki page with the new
> > information (http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/ClassLibrary).
> >
> > On a separate note I'm not sure how to close the bug report.  I'm used to
> > Bugzilla where the person who raised the bug can close it, but maybe you
> > have to be a committer to close a bug with JIRA.  Can anyone help me with
> > this?
>
> Hello Sian,
>
> Please comment in JIRA to indicate the bug has been fixed, then
> committers will help to close it. :-)
And mark it as duplicate of HARMONY-1186

SY, Alexey

> Best regards,
> Richard
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sian
> >
> > On 24/08/06, Andrew Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Sian,
> >>
> >> Thanks for reporting the error. But it works well on my machine when
> >> running
> >> org.apache.mina.examples.echoserver.Main. The error can not be
> >> reproduced
> >> in
> >> my machine with latest code.
> >>
> >> After looking the error statck trace, I noticed the bug is mostly
> >> possible
> >> the same as Harmony-1186 (
> >> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1186).
> >>
> >> If I restore harmony code with early revision (before Harmony-1186,
> >> revision 431877), the error can be reproduced exactly the same as you
> >> reported. Harmony-1186 was fixed on Aug.16, but you built the
> >> snapshot on
> >> Aug.21...(So I'm not sure whether they are the same bug). So could you
> >> please check whether your source code is updated with latest
> >> revision, if
> >> you built the snapshot by yourself? Othewise, it may work if you
> >> download
> >> the snapshot from harmony website (I checked the snapshot was made on
> >> Aug.17).
> >> Or would anyone update the snapshot on the website?
> >>
> >> I hope it works. If you still fail to run mina examples, please let us
> >> know.
> >> Any information are highly appreciated!  Thank you!
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Andrew

> >> writing
> >> Harmony.

> >> --
> >> Andrew Zhang
> >> China Software Development Lab, IBM
> >>

> --
> Richard Liang
> China Software Development Lab, IBM

Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [app-bug] NIO problems when running Apache MINA examples

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sian January <si...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Posted by Andrew Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sian,

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Sian January wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently downloaded Apache MINA, which is a framework for writing
> network applications, and tried to run some of the examples with Harmony.
> There were some problems getting the examples to run and if anyone is
> interested in taking a look I think I have found an NIO bug -
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1270.

Yes, we're interested - thanks!

geir