Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org> on 2006/10/24 20:23:28 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Combining Apache license header & antlr license

To summarise the below:

Antlr 3 is a BSD license.
Antlr 2 is in the public domain.

The former is fine and its use is well-defined. Public domain isn't
though. It seems that we would either:

* License the public domain Antlr 2 stuff with our own ASL license.
* Not be allowed to use public domain work.

Any views?

Balaji - what's the level of effort required to move to Antlr 3?

Hen