Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Oscar Picasso <os...@yahoo.com> on 2004/03/08 05:54:03 UTC

A my-cocoon.xconf file?

Hi,

When using your own avalon components (not sitemap components), you can use a
'my.roles' files in order to avoid changing the 'cocoon.roles' file inside the
cocoon.jar.

Is there a similar possibility to avoid to modify the cocoon.xconf file?

Oscar

Re: A my-cocoon.xconf file?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Pete wrote:

> +1 if there is not!!!! I've been through this a couple of times
> upgrading to new cocoon versions.
>
> I suspect the answer is going to be to use the xpatch ant task
> that is used by the cocoon build system to embed block specific
> information in the xconf during a cocoon build, but does this
> tool support removing or modifying sections?

Yes it does. I use the XConfPatch task in this way.

Upayavira

Re: A my-cocoon.xconf file?

Posted by Pete <pe...@xml.grumpykitty.biz>.
+1 if there is not!!!! I've been through this a couple of times
upgrading to new cocoon versions.

I suspect the answer is going to be to use the xpatch ant task
that is used by the cocoon build system to embed block specific
information in the xconf during a cocoon build, but does this
tool support removing or modifying sections?

Peter