Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/10 16:14:17 UTC

eDisMax handler but with main query not allowing fielded/non-localparam values

Hello,

I am building a Search Interface in front of Solr. I am using facets and
other approaches to do fielded restrictions (via fq queries). I am also
providing a free-form search field to the user.

I would like that free-form field to search against eDisMax rules (multiple
source fields, phrase boosting, mm param, etc). But I don't want (for
security reasons) to let the user to enter Solr-specific features like
localparams or fielded search.

Is that possible? Am I missing something obvious?

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)

Re: eDisMax handler but with main query not allowing fielded/non-localparam values

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>wrote:

> Oh, with fielded search, maybe you can just set "uf" (user fields) to
> empty. I haven't checked if that restricts qf as well.

I just tested and UF seems to affect FQ (Filter Query). So, that would have
been a cool hack but unfortunately it is not.

Other options are possible, but more mid-term solution. I will think of
those if there is no other way.

Thank you,

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Either preprocess the query in your application layer, add a query
preprocessor custom search component, or propose some additional options to
Solr to disable certain features like local params nested queries, etc.

Oh, with fielded search, maybe you can just set "uf" (user fields) to empty.
I haven't checked if that restricts qf as well.

-- Jack Krupansky