Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Juergen Heberling <pj...@hicom.net> on 2010/01/30 06:17:14 UTC

3.3.0 wants to mkdir ~/.spamassassin for userprefs - can this be turned off

All my userprefs are stored in SQL so I dont want a ~/.spamassassin
directory.
(My earlier version (3.1.7) did not attempt to do this.)
I'm running spamd from rc.conf with spamd_flags="-Q -x -d -m 10 "
The attempt to create this directory results in
"Insecure dependency in mkdir while running setuid" in /usr/local/bin/spamd
line 2300, <GENxx> line 2.
and disables SPAM checking for the current user.  As each user receives mail
that is processed
through SA, the "Insecure.." message is reissued, incrementing the "xx" in
GENxx - ultimately
spam checking gets disabled for almost all users.

Juergen

Re: 3.3.0 wants to mkdir ~/.spamassassin for userprefs - can this be turned off

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
On Saturday January 30 2010 06:17:14 Juergen Heberling wrote:
> All my userprefs are stored in SQL so I dont want a ~/.spamassassin
> directory.
> (My earlier version (3.1.7) did not attempt to do this.)
> I'm running spamd from rc.conf with spamd_flags="-Q -x -d -m 10 "
> The attempt to create this directory results in
> "Insecure dependency in mkdir while running setuid" in /usr/local/bin/spamd
> line 2300, <GENxx> line 2.
> and disables SPAM checking for the current user.  As each user receives
>  mail that is processed
> through SA, the "Insecure.." message is reissued, incrementing the "xx" in
> GENxx - ultimately
> spam checking gets disabled for almost all users.

Please open the bug report. It's been reported before, but not documented
with the environment in which it happens. Apparently it only happens
with 'virtual' users. Btw, as a workaround, you could pre-create
empty user config files for new users.

  Mark