Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Daniel Collins <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/20 17:25:07 UTC

clusterstate stores IP address instead of hostname now?

Just done an upgrade from Solr (cloud) 4.0 to 4.3 and noticed that
clusterstate.json now contains the IP address instead of the hostname for
each shard descriptor.

Was this a conscious change?  It caused us some pain when migrating and
breaks our own admin tools, so just checking if this is likely to change
again or is stable now using IPs?

Cheers,

Re: clusterstate stores IP address instead of hostname now?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 5/20/2013 9:25 AM, Daniel Collins wrote:
> Just done an upgrade from Solr (cloud) 4.0 to 4.3 and noticed that
> clusterstate.json now contains the IP address instead of the hostname for
> each shard descriptor.
>
> Was this a conscious change?  It caused us some pain when migrating and
> breaks our own admin tools, so just checking if this is likely to change
> again or is stable now using IPs?

That changed in 4.1.  If you want real hostnames, include the host
parameter on each Solr instance on your startup commandline
(-Dhost=server1) or in solr.xml.  I think solr.xml is better, but do
what works for you.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud#SolrCloud_Instance_Params

Thanks,
Shawn