Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Wong, Cindy" <Ci...@ca.com> on 2004/09/29 17:23:48 UTC

Question about Struts ActionForm scope and clustering

All,

I'm not sure if I am contacting the right list but this is the problem
that I am facing:

I am trying to convert a series of registration pages over to Struts.
The web server that I am using is JBoss 3.2 and it will eventually be
implemented on a cluster. What I want to know is what the scope=session
in an ActionForm refers to. Is this the HTTP session or is it some other
internal session that only Struts use? If I create only one ActionForm
for all the registration pages and set them all to use the same
ActionForm with the ActionForm's scope set to "session", does this mean
that the information in the ActionForm is saved for the next
registration page that the registration process hits? If it does, how
does this work in a cluster?

Cindy Wong