Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org> on 2020/06/01 07:25:18 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions 2.1.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the *release candidate #1* for the version 2.1.0 of
Apache Flink Stateful Functions,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

***Testing Guideline***

You can find here [1] a page in the project wiki on instructions for
testing.
To cast a vote, it is not necessary to perform all listed checks,
but please mention which checks you have performed when voting.

***Release Overview***

As an overview, the release consists of the following:
a) Stateful Functions canonical source distribution, to be deployed to the
release repository at dist.apache.org
b) Stateful Functions Python SDK distributions to be deployed to PyPI
c) Maven artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository

***Staging Areas to Review***

The staging areas containing the above mentioned artifacts are as follows,
for your review:
* All artifacts for a) and b) can be found in the corresponding dev
repository at dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts for c) can be found at the Apache Nexus Repository [3]

All artifacts are singed with the
key 1C1E2394D3194E1944613488F320986D35C33D6A [4]

Other links for your review:
* JIRA release notes [5]
* source code tag "release-2.1.0-rc1" [6] [7]

***Vote Duration***

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours *(target end date is Wednesday,
Jun. 3rd).*
It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Gordon

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Verifying+a+Flink+Stateful+Functions+Release
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-statefun-2.1.0-rc1/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1373/
[4] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[5]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12347861
[6]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink-statefun.git;a=tag;h=a372c69501b8816609f9e90872b1a1e10ab66e8e
[7] https://github.com/apache/flink-statefun/tree/release-2.1.0-rc1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions 2.1.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Igal Shilman <ig...@ververica.com>.
+1 (non binding)

* verified hashes
* verified signatures
* checked that the source distribution doesn't contain any binaries
* built with java8 and run e2e tests
* built with java11 and run e2e tests
* run the dockerized greeter example
* run the dockerized python greeter example
* run the dockeried python greeter example with a unix domain socket
transport.
* run the ride-sharing examples with parallelism 10.
* created a project with mvn archetype:generate, and validated its content.

Cheers,
Igal.

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Checked sums and signatures: OK
Checked no binaries in source distribution: OK
Checked RAT and end-to-end tests (8u101): OK
Checked version in pom/README/setup.py files: OK

Best Regards,
Yu

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Flink Stateful Functions 2.1.0, release candidate #1

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
The voting time has passed, and we now have enough votes. Thank you for
testing and voting everyone!

I'm happy to announce that we have unanimously approved this candidate as
the 2.1.0 release for Apache Flink Stateful Functions.

There are 7 approving votes, 3 of which are binding:
* Igal Shilman
* Congxian Qiu
* Hequn Cheng (binding)
* Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai (binding)
* Yu Li
* Robert Metzger (binding)
* Matt Wang

There are no disapproving notes.

The announcements for the release will happen in a separate thread once all
released artifacts are available.

Cheers,
Gordon

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Hequn Cheng <he...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Hi Hequn,

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
@Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com> You're right, the documentation link
in the README currently isn't being updated per release.
We should fix that (non-blocker).

As for locally building the image:
For testing this RC, you would need to build the image locally.
That is already done if you built the project using `mvn clean install
-Prun=e2e-tests`. The build process builds the image first before running
the e2e tests.

Posted by Hequn Cheng <he...@apache.org>.

Posted by Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com>.
+1  (non-binding)