Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Ron Davies <ro...@qwest.net> on 2001/02/20 01:07:37 UTC

mod_include/7281: Server Side Include, include command, causes server abends

>Number:         7281
>Category:       mod_include
>Synopsis:       Server Side Include, include command, causes server abends
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Using server side include, include paramenter, for a virtual file, causes the
server to abend.The server does not appear to lose any services, but each
time the SSI code is run, the error repeats and the page is not displayed. It is
entirely possible that I have done something incorrectly, but I have searched
the apache web-site for guidance and can only find info that suggests I am doing
it correctly.  I have not made any modifications to the apache for NetWare code
outside of the httpd.conf file.   No comiliation modifications....nothing.  This
is basically an "out-of-the-box" configuration.

I have included 3 pieces of information....
1. The code I use to call the SSI
2. The entry in my httpd.conf
3. The error information on the NetWare console.

##############################
Code used within document:
##############################
<!--#include virtual="menu.shtml"-->

#################################
Directory entry in httpd.conf:
#################################
<Directory "data:/webdata/marquartstkd">
    Options Indexes +Includes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AllowOverride None
    AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
</Directory>

Error Displayed on Server:
The running process will be suspended.

 2-19-2001   5:57:50 pm:    SERVER-5.0-4631  [nmID=1001C]
     WARNING! Server RJD_WEB experienced a critical error.  The offending
     process was suspended or recovered.  However, services hosted by this
     server may have been affected.

RJD_WEB <1>:
>How-To-Repeat:
Recreate the scenario with data similar to what I have provided in the
"Full Description"
>Fix:
I wish I did, the product is as stable as can be on the Netware platform with
all the testing I have done.  This is the first snag I have hit.
I would love to test any suggestions you may have.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]