Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Aj Marshall <aj...@yahoo.com> on 2013/07/01 09:03:06 UTC

Open Office Spreadsheet Question......

Hello there,

I was just wondering if there is a way to lock the background color of a cell without locking the number in it. See, I'm using the spreadsheet as a points system and each week I have to move people around but what happens is I have to reformat a lot of the background colors.

Anyway, please let know

Thanks
AJ

Re: Open Office Spreadsheet Question......

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.
On 1/07/2013 5:03 PM, Aj Marshall wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I was just wondering if there is a way to lock the background color of a cell without locking the number in it. See, I'm using the spreadsheet as a points system and each week I have to move people around but what happens is I have to reformat a lot of the background colors.
It depends on how you move people around when you drag cells around it
doesn't work, but you could probably use conditional formatting it all
depends on your data.
If you like to share your spreadsheet we could give some advice but
without seeing it we're unable.

Re: Open Office Spreadsheet Hangs

Posted by "Athanasios E. Samaras" <at...@gmail.com>.
Had the same with LibreOffice 4.0, the reason was that Java was for some
reason trying to acquire double the size of file in RAM, causing continuous
swaps. I have resolve it by adding more RAM.

Cheers
Sakis

Posted by Michael Collins <mc...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 00:03 01/07/2013 -0700, Aj Marshall wrote:
>I was just wondering if there is a way to lock the background color
>of a cell without locking the number in it. See, I'm using the
>spreadsheet as a points system and each week I have to move people
>around but what happens is I have to reformat a lot of the background colors.

You need to move the values in your spreadsheet whilst keeping the
background colours where they are?  That's easy if you use Paste Special.

o Copy the required cell(s).
o Go to Edit | Paste Special... (or right-click | Paste Special... or
Ctrl+Shift+V).
o In the Paste Special dialogue, remove the tick from "Paste all" if
necessary and then ensure that Text, Numbers, or whatever are ticked
and that Formats is *not* ticked.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker