Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by bharati <bh...@magnaquest.net> on 2009/12/10 06:38:22 UTC

URL Redirect in Tomcat 6

Hi,
 Iam using Tomcat 6. In my applicaion, when Users entered any url like
'www.google.com'  then it will check for the status of the User. If he is
Inactive, then it will send a http packet to redirect to the particular URL:
like "http://192.168.100.125:8080/"  . Tomcat is listening to this port
8080.
 My question is: how do I get the url from tomcat..? If manually user types
the url http://192.168.100.125:8080/  then it is displaying proper page to
login.
But in this case, Internet User does not know the URL. so...i need to get
the URL from Tomcat which is listening to 8080 Port.

Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

RE: URL Redirect in Tomcat 6

Posted by "Hadole, Nishant IN BOM SISL" <Ni...@siemens.com>.
I guess she wants to display Customizable error responses, when application fails to respond (error code like 404 etc). Though, I agree, the question is not properly framed...

With best regards,
Nishant Hadole

Siemens IT Solutions and Services
SIS PRO SI-I
Tel.: +91 22 2495 7816
Fax: +91 22 6660 8521
Mailto: Nishant.Hadole@siemens.com
www.siemens.co.in

>   Iam using Tomcat 6. In my applicaion, when Users entered any url like
> 'www.google.com'  then it will check for the status of the User.
 >
> If he is Inactive, then it will send a http packet to redirect to the particular URL:
> like "http://192.168.100.125:8080/"  . Tomcat is listening to this port
> 8080.
 >
>   My question is: how do I get the url from tomcat..? If manually user types
> the url http://192.168.100.125:8080/  then it is displaying proper page to
> login.
 >
> But in this case, Internet User does not know the URL. so...i need to get
> the URL from Tomcat which is listening to 8080 Port.
>
> Please help me.
> Thanks in advance.

I'm baffled, I don't know about anyone else...  Perhaps you could
rephrase your question in a way that might allow us to help you?

Re: URL Redirect in Tomcat 6

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Re: URL Redirect in Tomcat 6

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.