Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by 曹伟 <ca...@travelsky.com> on 2013/01/15 14:35:28 UTC

Issue about using a invalid MAC Address in vSphere

Hi all,

When I use cloudstack create a VM in VMware vSphere 4.1 enviroment, the VM will be applied a MAC Address  is not in the valid MAC range of VMware.If I edit the VM configuration, there will be an error like this:"The MAC Address entered is not in the valid range. Valid values are between 00:50:56:00:00:00 and 00:50:56:3F:FF:FF:FF", and I can't take any configuration for this VM.

So how can I make cloudstack to use the MAC address within the range that vmware permit?

Re: Issue about using a invalid MAC Address in vSphere

Posted by Chris Sears <ch...@sungard.com>.
Greetings,

Based on a quick review of the code, there is no way to force CloudStack to
assign MAC addresses in the range which VMware considers valid/expected.

If you wanted to suppress the warning for specific VMs, you could try
adding a line to the VMX files:

ethernet0.checkMACAddress = "false"

The procedure is described here: http://www.networknet.nl/apps/wp/archives/787

If that works for you, please let us know and we could file an
improvement to have it automatically included for new VMware VMs.

 - Chris