Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jan_K <pe...@freenet.de> on 2012/04/25 08:59:09 UTC

fn:matches() / could not find method java.lang.String.matches([ExpressionContext,] #STRING, #STRING)

Hi there,

can`t use fn:matches() with FOP 1.0 -
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#func-matches
I would appreciate any help/ideas/suggestions!

(Full code see attatchment)
002:<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
008:                xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions"
009:                xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
010:                xmlns:err="http://www.w3.org/2005/xqt-errors"

212:<xsl:value-of select="fn:matches('ABC','a','i')" />

Fails with:
25.04.2012 08:30:45 org.apache.fop.cli.Main startFOP
SCHWERWIEGEND: Exception
org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: For
extension function, could not find method
java.lang.String.matches([ExpressionContext,] #STRING, #STRING).
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
For extension function, could not find method
java.lang.String.matches([ExpressionContext,] #STRING, #STRING).
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33744669/xsl_tut_2012-04-24.xsl
xsl_tut_2012-04-24.xsl

Re: fn:matches() / could not find method java.lang.String.matches([ExpressionContext,] #STRING, #STRING)

Posted by Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>.
FOP provides an input XSLT translation service as a convenience function.
The real input of FOP is the XSL-FO document output by that translation
service. If this convenience function is not providing the up-to-date
XSLT/XPath/XQuery semantics that you desire, they I suggest you perform the
XSLT transformation using an external tool prior to invoking FOP to format
the XSL-FO compliant output from that tool.

Others may have a different suggestion or workaround.

Regards,
Glenn