Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/10 15:59:17 UTC

reducing disk space consumption

Hi,
I am using DSE 4.8.4
On one node, disk space is low where:

42G /var/lib/cassandra/data/usertable/data-0abea7f0cf9211e5a355bf8dafbfa99c

Using CLI, I dropped keyspace usertable but the data dir above still
consumes 42G.

What action would free this part of disk (I don't need the data) ?

Thanks

Re: reducing disk space consumption

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Mohammed and Romain.

Posted by Mohammed Guller <mo...@glassbeam.com>.
If I remember it correctly, C* creates a snapshot when you drop a keyspace. Run the following command to get rid of the snapshot:
nodetool clearsnapshot

Mohammed

Posted by sai krishnam raju potturi <ps...@gmail.com>.
suggestion :  try the following command  "lsof | grep DEL". If in the
output if you see a lot of SSTable files; restart the node. The disk space
will be claimed back.

thanks
Sai