Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/23 13:07:12 UTC

CasEditor-2.2.1-01 release candidate

Hello,

I have uploaded the first release candidate of the Cas Editor to:
people.apache.org:/home/joern/distributions/CasEditor-2.2.1/01

Jörn

Re: CasEditor-2.2.1-01 release candidate

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
> I'm also interested in having a "Sandbox release" so let's work on
> this together and make progress.

The Cas Editor is different from other sandbox projects in two points,
its not platform independent and
the package size is relative large with ca. 35 MB compared to other
sandbox projects.

I think we should offer it as a separate download, because the user
has to select the platform
he runs.

Maybe it would make sense to include annotators from the sandbox
inside the Cas Editor package,
so users can just use them by providing a descriptor file inside a Cas
Editor project.

What do you think ?

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Hi Jörn,

great that we are ready to release the first version of the CasEditor.
But before we can release it, I think we have to finish the discussion
how we release sandbox components.
I already started a discussion in the past ...

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-uima-dev/200710.mbox/%3c47137849.3010603@michael-baessler.de%3e

I'm also interested in having a "Sandbox release" so let's work on this
together and make progress.

-- Michael