Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@apache.org> on 2014/01/29 17:55:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Configuring mod_proxy_hml and mod_proxy_wstunnel on the same URL (different protocols)

Hello,

Is it possible to set up proxying of
http://mysite/openmeetings to http://localhost:5080/openmeetings
and same time
ws://mysite/openmeetings to ws://localhost:5080/openmeetings

What I have tried
Install apache httpd on Ubuntu 13.10 server (2.4.6 using apt-get)
Checkout
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/tags/2.4.7/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_wstunnel.c
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/tags/2.4.7/modules/proxy/mod_proxy.h

(2.4.7 sources were used since I got seg faults with 2.4.6)

build using
apxs2 -aic -I/usr/include/libxml2 ./mod_proxy_wstunnel.c

1) Add following lines to the config:

        <Location /openmeetings>
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
                ProxyPass http://localhost:5080/openmeetings
                ProxyPassReverse http://localhost:5080/openmeetings

               ProxyPass ws://localhost:5080/openmeetings
               ProxyPassReverse ws://localhost:5080/openmeetings
        </Location>

2) restart apache

perform steps 1 and 2 commenting different lines
No luck :(

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Re: [users@httpd] Configuring mod_proxy_hml and mod_proxy_wstunnel on the same URL (different protocols)

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eric,

Will try to workaround this

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 8:31 PM, Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Can someone please tell me is it possible to proxy resources based on
> > protocol?
> > http://some_url will go to http://localhost:8080/someurl
> > ws://some_url will go to ws://localhost:8080/someurl
>
> I don't think so, those aren't actually different URLs when they hit
> the webserver.  They are both requests to /some_url.

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [users@httpd] Configuring mod_proxy_hml and mod_proxy_wstunnel on the same URL (different protocols)

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [users@httpd] Configuring mod_proxy_hml and mod_proxy_wstunnel on the same URL (different protocols)

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> > No luck :(
>
> What does "No luck" mean?
>
> This is the setup I am stuggling with....
>
> It (almost) works.  It handles cookies but fails to handle URLs in
> javascript (I think).  At least all my javascript content is broken and
> some static images fail to load, and I think those are being loaded from
> javascript. (I did not develop the content, I am just trying to proxy it.)
>
> I'd suggest you get the http proxy working first and then handle the rest.
>
> ProxyHTMLURLMap http://127.0.0.1:8002 /ap/Downstairs
> <location /ap/Downstairs>
> #       DefaultType text/html
>         SetOutputFilter proxy-html
>         ProxyHTMLExtended On
>         RequestHeader    unset  Accept-Encoding
>         ProxyPass http://127.0.0.1:8002/
>         ProxyPassReverse http://127.0.0.1:8002
>         ProxyHTMLURLMap / /ap/Downstairs/
>         ProxyPassReverseCookiePath / /ap/Downstairs/

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [users@httpd] Configuring mod_proxy_hml and mod_proxy_wstunnel on the same URL (different protocols)

Posted by ya...@seiner.com.