Posted to announce@apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@apache.org> on 2015/11/24 18:16:11 UTC

[ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.9.0.0 Released

The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release for
Apache Kafka 0.9.0.0. This a major release that includes (1)
authentication (through SSL and SASL) and authorization, (2) a new
java consumer, (3) a Kafka connect framework for data ingestion and
egression, and (4) quotas. It also includes many critical bug fixes.

All of the changes in this release can be found: https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.9.0.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Apache Kafka is high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system rethought of as a distributed commit log.

** Fast => A single Kafka broker can handle hundreds of megabytes of reads and
writes per second from thousands of clients.

** Scalable => Kafka is designed to allow a single cluster to serve as the central data backbone
for a large organization. It can be elastically and transparently expanded without downtime.
Data streams are partitioned and spread over a cluster of machines to allow data streams
larger than the capability of any single machine and to allow clusters of co-ordinated consumers.

** Durable => Messages are persisted on disk and replicated within the cluster to prevent
data loss. Each broker can handle terabytes of messages without performance impact.

** Distributed by Design => Kafka has a modern cluster-centric design that offers
strong durability and fault-tolerance guarantees.

You can download the source release from
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.9.0.0/kafka-0.9.0.0-src.tgz

and binary releases from
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.9.0.0/kafka_2.10-0.9.0.0.tgz
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.9.0.0/kafka_2.11-0.9.0.0.tgz

A big thank you for the following people who have contributed to the
0.9.0.0 release.

Aditya Auradkar, Alexander Pakulov, Alexey Ozeritskiy, Alexis Midon,
Allen Wang, Anatoly Fayngelerin, Andrew Otto, Andrii Biletskyi, Anna
Povzner, Anton Karamanov, Ashish Singh, Balaji Seshadri, Ben Stopford,
Chris Black, Chris Cope, Chris Pinola, Daniel Compton, Dave Beech,
Dave Cromberge, Dave Parfitt, David Jacot, Dmytro Kostiuchenko, Dong
Lin, Edward Ribeiro, Eno Thereska, Eric Olander, Ewen
Cheslack-Postava, Fangmin Lv, Flavio Junqueira, Flutra Osmani, Gabriel
Nicolas Avellaneda, Geoff Anderson, Grant Henke, Guozhang Wang, Gwen
Shapira, Honghai Chen, Ismael Juma, Ivan Lyutov, Ivan Simoneko,
Jaikiran Pai, James Oliver, Jarek Jarcec Cecho, Jason Gustafson, Jay
Kreps, Jean-Francois Im, Jeff Holoman, Jeff Maxwell, Jiangjie Qin, Joe
Crobak, Joe Stein, Joel Koshy, Jon Riehl, Joshi, Jun Rao, Kostya
Golikov, Liquan Pei, Magnus Reftel, Manikumar Reddy, Marc Chung,
Martin Lemanski, Matthew Bruce, Mayuresh Gharat, Michael G. Noll,
Muneyuki Noguchi, Neha Narkhede, Onur Karaman, Parth Brahmbhatt, Paul
Mackles, Pierre-Yves Ritschard, Proneet Verma, Rajini Sivaram, Raman
Gupta, Randall Hauch, Sasaki Toru, Sriharsha Chintalapani, Steven Wu,
Stevo Slavic, Tao Xiao, Ted Malaska, Tim Brooks, Todd Palino, Tong Li,
Vivek Madani, Vladimir Tretyakov, Yaguo Zhou, Yasuhiro Matsuda,
Zhiqiang He

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at http://kafka.apache.org/

Thanks,

Jun

Re: [ANNOUCE] Apache Kafka 0.9.0.0 Released

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations on this release! Happy to see the security related
features which we are going to start using soon.

-Jaikiran