Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Gedeon <jg...@umich.edu> on 2002/06/03 16:56:07 UTC

apache module authentication & remote_user

Hi, I am attempting to set up a tomcat 4.0.3 server to work with apache
1.3.x and an apache module for kerberos authentication.  (both servers
are on solaris)  On successful authentication the remote_user variable
in apache is populated.

I thought that this should be passed to tomcat as a header so that it
could be access with the request.getHeader() call, but this does not
work.

Should this work?  Is there a configuration step that I missed?

If I have the wrong expectations, can anyone point me in the right
direction.  Do I need to implement the Realm interface in order to do
custom authentication?

Any umich.edu people on the list already solved this issue?

Thanks for any advice,
Jeff