Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fredrik Liden <fl...@translate.com> on 2005/04/02 02:01:18 UTC

Tomcat 3 and Tomcat 5 on JDK 1.3 and JDK 1.5 respectively

Does anyone know if this configuration is possible on one computer?

The reason for the two different JDKs is that I'm guessing that Tomcat
3.23 isn't compatible with jdk 1.5 or even 1.4 or is it? So I guess the
question is if it's in Catalinas startup config files it's possible to
specify different JAVA_HOMEs.

Anyone have any experience with running different versions like this?
Any input would be appreciated.

Fredrik

Re: Tomcat 3 and Tomcat 5 on JDK 1.3 and JDK 1.5 respectively

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
I routinely run TC 3.3.2 on JDK 1.4.x (and even occationally on 1.5.x :)
without any problems.  I haven't used TC 3.2.3 in very many years, so I
don't know.  I'd guess that it would run ok, except possibly if you are
using SSL.