Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> on 2014/09/04 19:53:58 UTC

Re: Is it possible to use Log4j 2 with Storm 0.9.0.1?

I don’t believe so.  We have switched to use logback for storm behind the scenes and some of the code is actually quite tied to it at the moment.

From: Xueming Li <ja...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, July 24, 2014 at 10:59 PM
To: "user@storm.incubator.apache.org<ma...@storm.incubator.apache.org>" <us...@storm.incubator.apache.org>>, dev <de...@storm.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Is it possible to use Log4j 2 with Storm 0.9.0.1?

Is it possible to use Log4j 2 with Storm 0.9.0.1? My purpose is to use asynchronous Loggers for low-latency logging that comes with Log4j 2. Does anybody tried that?

Thanks,
James

Re: Is it possible to use Log4j 2 with Storm 0.9.0.1?

Posted by Vikas Agarwal <vi...@infoobjects.com>.
Thanks for clarification !!

We have log4j 1.2.17, log4j-over-slf4j 1.6.6 and slf4j-api 1.6.4 in class
path with storm 0.9.1 and it seems that is the reason why storm is
not honoring the log4j.xml. :)

One thing to note is that log4j-over-slf4j is coming from storm-core
itself, we haven't added it in any of our projects.

I would try removing the log4j from class path and see if it lets storm to
use log4j.xml.

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

From: Vikas Agarwal <vi...@infoobjects.com>>
Date: Thursday, September 4, 2014 at 1:10 PM