Posted to odf-users@incubator.apache.org by Chris Cameron <ch...@upnix.com> on 2017/01/20 23:58:22 UTC

"Getting started" gives "OdfTextDocument.odt" error

Hi,

I have tried to follow the "Getting started" example at https://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/simple/gettingstartguide.html, but I have struggled to get around the error:

Jan 20, 2017 3:43:26 PM org.odftoolkit.odfdom.pkg.OdfPackageDocument$Resource createInputStream
SEVERE: Could not find resource: /OdfTextDocument.odt
ERROR: unable to create output file.

Which occurs when I try to run the compiled example code.

Let me start by saying I know some Java, but very little about Maven or any of the libraries used in the ODF toolkit.

So I've tried:
* Paring down the code example to just "TextDocument.newTextDocument()", and then stopping. No other action is performed.
* Using Java 6, 7, and 8
* Compiled ODF toolkit 0.6.1, 0.6, and 0.5 (Using 'mvn compiler:compile', 'mvn jar:jar', and then setting my CLASSPATH to the newly made jars)
* On the chance "/OdfTextDocument.odt" was an actual file path it was trying to load, I moved “OdfTextDocument.odt” to my root directory with ‘rw’ permissions.

Same error on every point. I’d be inclined to say "Oh, it's broken", but running 'mvn test' shows many tests that are completing correctly, in particular "org.odftoolkit.simple.DocumentCreationTest"

I hope I covered all the obvious things, but it's still feeling like I've missed something simple. Can someone help me out with this?

Appreciate it!

Chris

Re: "Getting started" gives "OdfTextDocument.odt" error

Posted by Chris Cameron <ch...@upnix.com>.
Thanks for that detailed response. With that new jar file I have it working now.

Thanks again,

Chris

Posted by Svante Schubert <sv...@gmail.com>.
Hello Chris,