Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Hamid.Shahid" <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2011/10/24 16:22:19 UTC

Apache Qpid 0.10 --- 64bit Version

Hi,

I have downloaded Apache Qpid 0.10, 32bit windows installer from the
following link and tried to use the libararies with Visual Studio 2008.

http://www.riverace.com/qpid/downloads.htm

It seems to work when I use win32bit projects. But when I try to compile the
project as 64bit, it gives errors. I have tried to search Qpid 64bit
installer but was not able to find it.

Please let me know, if there is a 64bit Qpid windows installer available? Or
if there is any way to use this 32bit Qpid installer for 64bit projects?

Thanks.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: Apache Qpid 0.10 --- 64bit Version

Posted by "Hamid.Shahid" <ha...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Steve.

I came back here after a long time as I started working with the 32-bit
version of the Qpid 0.10 API for windows.

Please let me know, if you have any update regarding 64-bit version of the
API for the windows.

regards,
Hamid.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Hamid,

Boost is used extensively inside Qpid, and the DLLs are needed at runtime.
The header files are included with the installer to allow one to build the
source code examples.

If you are going to build a 64-bit Qpid, you'll need a 64-bit Boost build
as well.

-Steve

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
Hamid,

You can get a version of Boost from http://people.apache.org/~chug/boost-win-1.47/
The tarball files were made with 7zip and unpack well using 7zip.

There are two 64-bit versions, one each compiled with VS2008 and VS2010. Choose
the one you want to use and unpack the files to C:\Boost for the greatest chance
of success.

-Chuck

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Hamid,

I'd say mid-end November for the 0.14 release. But you can try things out
with the current svn repository content - it's unlikely to change too
much.

To build the kit, go to qpid/packaging/windows and run:
build_installer.bat x86|x64

If cmake can find your Boost, etc. with no problem, it should complete
without further action by you. Note that I haven't run this yet against
the current source, so there may be a few bumps along the way, but it
should mostly get you there.

You will need WiX installed prior to running build_installer.bat and the
WiX tools location needs to be in your PATH.

Also, the Visual Studio tools need to be accessible - I usually start a

Posted by "Hamid.Shahid" <ha...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your response. Can you please tell me when the release is
expected? and what steps are required to make a 64-bit release if I want to
try it.

regards,
Hamid.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Hamid,

> I have downloaded Apache Qpid 0.10, 32bit windows installer from the
> following link and tried to use the libararies with Visual Studio 2008.
>
> http://www.riverace.com/qpid/downloads.htm

Ok.

> It seems to work when I use win32bit projects. But when I try to compile
the
> project as 64bit, it gives errors. I have tried to search Qpid 64bit
installer but
> was not able to find it.

Right - I didn't get enough interest in it to build one.

> Please let me know, if there is a 64bit Qpid windows installer
available? Or if
> there is any way to use this 32bit Qpid installer for 64bit projects?

You can't mix 32 and 64 bit DLLs, so you'll either need to build 32 bit
projects or build 64-bit qpid.

If there is sufficient interest expressed, I'll build 64 bit for Qpid 0.14
when it is released.

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org