Posted to user@drill.apache.org by AnilKumar B <ak...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/10 10:35:44 UTC

Question regarding to Drill

Hi,

I went through the Drill documentation and going through the source code, I
have few questions regarding to drill. Can any one help me in understanding
it much better?

1) How the Drill aggregations are real time? Anyway it is going to scan all
the records right? What exactly it optimizes when compare to Map Reduce
based Hive(Considering index feature)?

2) For aggregations, Is in't Cube materialization will be better solution?
 For example like HBase-Lattice kind of solution.

3) What exactly the real use cases for Drill? Whenever we say interactive,
mostly they include aggregations, and when we say aggregations definitely
they cannot be real time, when we scan whole raw data.

Thanks,
B Anil Kumar.

Re: Question regarding to Drill

Posted by AnilKumar B <ak...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted.

What exactly, I thought is pre-computing the aggregations like cubes might
be better. But as you mentioned, that might be true, If I know ahead of
time.

Posted by AnilKumar B <ak...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.