Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Abhishek Shivkumar <ab...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/24 18:40:37 UTC

How do we view the blocks of a file in HDFS

hi,

   If I push a file into HDFS that runs on a 4 node cluster with 1 namenode
and 3 datanodes, how can I view where on the datanodes are the blocks of
this file?
I would like to view the blocks and their replicas individually. How can I
do this?

The answer is very critical for my current task which is halted :) A
detailed answer will be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

With Regards,
Abhishek S

unsubscribe

Posted by Dan Yi <dy...@mediosystems.com>.

unsubscribe

Posted by Dan Yi <dy...@mediosystems.com>.

unsubscribe

Posted by Dan Yi <dy...@mediosystems.com>.

unsubscribe

Posted by Dan Yi <dy...@mediosystems.com>.

RE: How do we view the blocks of a file in HDFS

Posted by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com>.
Hi Abhishek,

You can use fsck for this purpose

hadoop fsck <HDFS directory> -files -blocks -locations  --- Displays what you want

*------------------------*

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Abhishek,

Some searching should've revealed this as it has been asked before.
For example, see http://search-hadoop.com/m/W1RAklVhe7

--
Harsh J

Re: How do we view the blocks of a file in HDFS

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Abhishek,

--
Harsh J

RE: How do we view the blocks of a file in HDFS

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Abhishek,

--
Harsh J

Re: How do we view the blocks of a file in HDFS

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Abhishek,

--
Harsh J