Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Ramu, Manjukumar [PRDUS]" <MR...@prdus.jnj.com> on 2002/07/25 20:11:32 UTC

ERROR -- Must specify type attribute if name is specified

Hi,
	I am using <html:form action="/jjedslookup" name="jjedsform"> in JSP
and
    <action    	path="/jjedslookup"
               	type="com.jnj.prd.action.LdapSearchAction"
          	name="ldapsearchform"
		scope="request"
		input="/jjedslookup.jsp"
		validate="false">
    </action>

in Struts-Config.xml

I am getting following error.
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Must specify type attribute if name is
specified
        at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:840)
        at
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:528)
        at jsp_servlet.__jjedslookup._jspService(__jjedslookup.java:146)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at
:265)
        at
:200)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletCo
ntext.java:2495)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java
:2204)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:139)

I appreciate your Help!

-Manju

Re: ERROR -- Must specify type attribute if name is specified

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
Have you tried examining the source of the generated page? :-)  I
believe the name you will get comes from your form-bean declaration.  In
your case (View -> Source to double-check me ;-) the name would be
ldapsearchform.

Chuck has a really good book you should read ... buy ... advocate ;-)
 (not necessarily in that order)

Don't specify the name for your form in the html:form tag - use whatever
name you want to use in the form-bean declaration.