Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by shawn <ja...@koyuru.com> on 2002/12/23 03:04:33 UTC

ClassCastException Conn=dataSource.getConnection();

I am getting a java.lang.ClassCastException

from Connection conn = datasource.getConnection();
in the folowing:

try {
            Context ctx = new InitialContext();
            if(ctx == null )
            {throw new Exception("Boom - No Context");}

            DataSource
dataSource2=(DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/");
            if(dataSource2 == null )
            {throw new Exception("Boom - No dataSource");}

            conn = dataSource2.getConnection();
        }

Why would that be?

TIA

Shawn

PS the ds ="null" error I had earlier was due to not setting up my root
context properly.  That document base threw me off.

OK Re: ClassCastException Conn=dataSource.getConnection();

Posted by shawn <ja...@koyuru.com>.
I see now. Thanks.

My confusion was this in server.xml
<!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
        <!--
          <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
        -->

so I had

<Context path="" docBase="root"
        debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">...

instead of

<Context path="/root" docBase="root"
        debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">...

and
DataSource
> > dataSource2=(DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/");
instead of

DataSource
dataSource2=(DataSource)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/root");

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: ClassCastException Conn=dataSource.getConnection();