Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2006/06/18 00:37:17 UTC

Is there a policy for deploying sites?

Hi

Having applied a few patches to sites and documentation I am curious if
there is a policy for when a site should be deployed. As an example, if
I patch an apt file for a plugin, should I also deploy the site for that
plugin?

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Is there a policy for deploying sites?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 17 Jun 06, at 6:37 PM 17 Jun 06, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Hi
>
> Having applied a few patches to sites and documentation I am
> curious if there is a policy for when a site should be deployed. As
> an example, if I patch an apt file for a plugin, should I also
> deploy the site for that plugin?

If you are documenting a feature that applies to the currently
released version of a plugin then sure. We just want to avoid
publishing documentation for features that haven't been released yet.

I'm not sure how far we've gone in setting snapshot versions of the
sites to accommodate documenting features that will be released in
the future. Carlos or Brett might know better.

Jason.

> --
> Dennis Lundberg

Jason van Zyl