Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by David Rouchy <dr...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/19 12:29:36 UTC

Re: Using Zookeeper to distribute tasks

Hi all,

I'm studying ZooKeeper to see how we can use it in a project. I'm still a
little big puzzled by the usage of zookeeper for distributing tasks. The
usage of queue does not fully fit the bill. I was just wondering if it would
be interesting / realistic to use a kind of "election" to decide on which
znode you want to send the task?

David Rouchy

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
That's the beauty of zk, it's provides primitives that allow you much
flexibility in what/how you implement something. Perhaps you could
sketch out a bit more detail on what you had in mind, requirements/goals
and such? What I mean is, from a high level coordination perspective,
then we could see how that might map down to zk operations.

Patrick