Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by satya prakash gaurav <sa...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/09 09:39:32 UTC

Re: After deleting data of Hbase table hdfs size is not decreasing HDFS-15812

Hi Team,
Can anyone please help on this issue?

Regards,
Satya

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 7:27 AM satya prakash gaurav <sa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I have raised a jira HDFS-15812
> We are using the hdp 3.1.4.0-315 and hbase 2.0.2.3.1.4.0-315.
>
> We are deleting the data with normal hbase delete command and even with
> api using phoenix. The count is reducing on phoenix and hbase but the
> Hdfs size of the hbase directory is not reducing even I ran the major
> compaction.
>
> Regards,
> Satya

S.P.Gaurav

Re: After deleting data of Hbase table hdfs size is not decreasing HDFS-15812

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
Have a look at *namenode audit logs* after you delete the table which can
tell whether requests reached HDFS or not.

Looks like you are using *"hdp 3.1.4.0-315"* which might not completely *Apache
Hadoop*..SO, as it's vendor specific  , you can ask vendor forum also..

--

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: After deleting data of Hbase table hdfs size is not decreasing HDFS-15812

Posted by satya prakash gaurav <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Venkatesulu,
We have dropped the table and created again. We never took snapshots.

Regards,
Satya

S.P.Gaurav

Re: After deleting data of Hbase table hdfs size is not decreasing HDFS-15812

Posted by Venkatesulu Guntakindapalli <ve...@media.net.INVALID>.
Hi,

Posted by Ayush Saxena <ay...@gmail.com>.

Posted by satya prakash gaurav <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi

We have created the table  with the value of  KEEP_DELETED_CELLS =false .

So ideally it should be delete the data from HDFS also and snapshot is also
not enable.

We are just creating the tables and putting the data and after that we are
deleting the data of that column family.

The no of count has reduced in hbase table but when we have checked the
hdfs dircetory for the hbase the size is same even we ran major compaction
also but no impact on hdfs size.

Below is the query which we are using

create 'OBST:TEST',
{NAME => 'cfDocContent', VERSIONS => '1', EVICT_BLOCKS_ON_CLOSE => 'false',
NEW_VERSION_BEHAVIOR => 'false', KEEP_DELETED_CELLS => 'FALSE',
CACHE_DATA_ON_WRITE => 'false', DATA_BLOCK_ENCODING => 'FAST_DIFF', TTL =>
'FOREVER', MIN_VERSIONS => '0', REPLICATION_SCOPE => '0', BLOOMFILTER =>
'ROW', CACHE_INDEX_ON_WRITE=> 'false', IN_MEMORY => 'false',
CACHE_BLOOMS_ON_WRITE => 'false', PREFETCH_BLOCKS_ON_OPEN => 'false',
IS_MOB => 'true', COMPRESSION => 'SNAPPY', BLOCKCACHE=> 'true', BLOCKSIZE
=> '65536'}

,
{NAME => 'cfMetadata', VERSIONS => '1', EVICT_BLOCKS_ON_CLOSE => 'false',
NEW_VERSION_BEHAVIOR => 'false', KEEP_DELETED_CELLS => 'FALSE',
CACHE_DATA_ON_WRITE=> 'false', DATA_BLOCK_ENCODING => 'FAST_DIFF', TTL =>
'FOREVER', MIN_VERSIONS => '0', REPLICATION_SCOPE => '0', BLOOMFILTER =>
'ROW', CACHE_INDEX_ON_WRITE => 'false', IN_MEMORY => 'false',
CACHE_BLOOMS_ON_WRITE => 'false', PREFETCH_BLOCKS_ON_OPEN => 'false',
COMPRESSION => 'SNAPPY', BLOCKCACHE => 'true', BLOCKSIZE => '65536'}

put 'OBST:TEST','Test101','cfDocContent:doc','row101'
put 'OBST:TEST','Test102','cfDocContent:doc','row102'
put 'OBST:TEST','Test103','cfDocContent:doc','row103'

put 'OBST:TEST','Test106','cfMetadata:doc','row106'
put 'OBST:TEST','Test107','cfMetadata:doc','row107'
put 'OBST:TEST','Test108','cfMetadata:doc','row108'

delete 'OBST:TEST','Test101','cfDocContent:doc'
delete 'OBST:TEST','Test102','cfDocContent:doc'
delete 'OBST:TEST','Test103','cfDocContent:doc'

delete 'OBST:TEST','Test106','cfMetadata:doc'
delete 'OBST:TEST','Test107','cfMetadata:doc'
delete 'OBST:TEST','Test108','cfMetadata:doc'

flush 'OBST:TEST'
compact 'OBST:TEST'
major_compact 'OBST:TEST', 'cfDocContent', 'MOB'
major_compact 'OBST:TEST

*hbase(main):185:0>* scan 'OBST:TEST', {RAW => TRUE}
*ROW COLUMN+CELL*
*Test101 column=cfDocContent:doc, timestamp=1608282551809, type=Delete*
*Test102 column=cfDocContent:doc, timestamp=1608282551824, type=Delete*
*Test103 column=cfDocContent:doc, timestamp=1608282551838, type=Delete*

*Even the tombstone mark is also there and the size of hdfs directory
didn't reduce. It's not moving in to trash also.*

*Let me know if you need some additional information*

Hbase version is 2.0.2.3.1.4.0-315

Regards,

Satya

S.P.Gaurav

Re: After deleting data of Hbase table hdfs size is not decreasing HDFS-15812

Posted by Shashwat Shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.