Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/04/20 14:20:26 UTC

[ANN] Snapshots now published to Nexus after every CI build for 8.5.x and 9.0.x

Hi,

With some help from the infra team, I have just finished configuring the
CI system to publish snapshot builds to Nexus after every CI run for
9.0.x and 8.5.x.

The snapshots include:
- all the individual JARs
- all the embedded JARs
- the .tar.gz and .zip distributions

In other words, we have a resource we can point users that want to test
fixes to where they can grab a build of the latest source without having
to build it themselves (I still think we should encourage them to build
it themselves in the first instance).

It may turn out that publishing a snapshot after every release causes
some sort of resource issue for infra. If that is the case, we can drop
it down to once a day.

Enjoy!

Mark

Join us at TomcatCon in Miami for 3 days of Apache Tomcat content:
https://tomcat.apache.org/conference.html

Re: [ANN] Snapshots now published to Nexus after every CI build for 8.5.x and 9.0.x

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

> With some help from the infra team, I have just finished configuring the
> CI system to publish snapshot builds to Nexus after every CI run for
> 9.0.x and 8.5.x.
>
> The snapshots include:
> - all the individual JARs
> - all the embedded JARs
> - the .tar.gz and .zip distributions
>
> In other words, we have a resource we can point users that want to test
> fixes to where they can grab a build of the latest source without having
> to build it themselves (I still think we should encourage them to build
> it themselves in the first instance).
>
> It may turn out that publishing a snapshot after every release causes
> some sort of resource issue for infra. If that is the case, we can drop
> it down to once a day.

That sounds excellent !

Rémy