Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Martijn Hendriks <ma...@gx.nl> on 2008/10/09 10:21:02 UTC

FineGrainedISMLocking

Hi all,

We are thinking about using the FineGrainedISMLocking strategy in a production environment for performance reasons. The last comment on the related issue (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-314) worries us, however. It says: "Please note that there are still some open synchronization issues when using FineGrainedISMLocking!"
Has anyone used this strategy in a production environment already, and what are these synchronization issues?

Thanks!

Martijn

--

Martijn Hendriks
<GX> creative online development B.V.

t: 024 - 3888 261
f: 024 - 3888 621
e: martijnh@gx.nl

Wijchenseweg 111
6538 SW Nijmegen
http://www.gx.nl/

RE: FineGrainedISMLocking

Posted by Martijn Hendriks <ma...@gx.nl>.
Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your answer! It's good to hear that those other issues have been resolved. It is likely that we'll try the fine grained locking strategy for production, but before that we will run an number of load and/or stress tests. If we find other issues we'll share them :)

Best regards
Martijn

Re: FineGrainedISMLocking

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.