Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@iona.com> on 2007/09/06 18:26:47 UTC

Classes generated from ws-policy schemas

Hi

At build time, a bunch of classes gets JAXB-generated for all ws-policy schemas supportet by CXF, in a rt/ws/policy module, see the module pom for details. These code-generated classes are of limited value and are not actually used at all, rather classes found in the Apache Neethi library are used. This is better, at least in the foreseeable future, it makes it easier to deal with multiple WS-Policy namespaces at the code level given that the actual schema definitions are virtually the same across multiple schema versions.

Would any object if I update the ws policy module pom not to code-generate policy classes ? This change can be reverted if the need to deal with version/namespace-specific classes ever arises in the future

Cheers, Sergey

----------------------------
Registered Number: 171387

Re: Classes generated from ws-policy schemas

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com>.
I don't really care whether they're in there right now or not, but we
will need these in the future to support WS-SecurityPolicy, so it might
not make sense to take them out. Of course the build needs to be
reworked anyway to use JAXB catalog files, but thats another issue.

- Dan

Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi
>
> At build time, a bunch of classes gets JAXB-generated for all ws-policy schemas supportet by CXF, in a rt/ws/policy module, see the module pom for details. These code-generated classes are of limited value and are not actually used at all, rather classes found in the Apache Neethi library are used. This is better, at least in the foreseeable future, it makes it easier to deal with multiple WS-Policy namespaces at the code level given that the actual schema definitions are virtually the same across multiple schema versions.
>
> Would any object if I update the ws policy module pom not to code-generate policy classes ? This change can be reverted if the need to deal with version/namespace-specific classes ever arises in the future
>
> Cheers, Sergey

> Registered Number: 171387

Dan Diephouse
MuleSource