Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Michael Wuttke <mi...@beuth-hochschule.de> on 2014/07/07 14:19:38 UTC

small issues using OpenMeetings via LDAP

Hello,

If I am using OpenMeetings via LDAP as a normal user, two small issues
occurred during the process of data sync/mapping. Only three attributes
should be mapped to the OM database: lastname/sn, firstname/givenName &
mail/mail. But 'description' from AD/LDAP is mapped to 'street number'
/'additionalname' in the OM db and 'telephoneNumber' is mapped to phone
(correctly), but should not be mapped, according to my ldap config file.

My om_ldap.cfg looks like this:
# Ldap user attributes mapping
ldap_user_attr_lastname=sn
ldap_user_attr_firstname=givenName
ldap_user_attr_mail=mail
#ldap_user_attr_street=streetAddress
#ldap_user_attr_additionalname=description
#ldap_user_attr_fax=facsimileTelephoneNumber
#ldap_user_attr_zip=postalCode
#ldap_user_attr_country=co
#ldap_user_attr_town=l
#ldap_user_attr_phone=telephoneNumber

Thanks for help,
Michael

Re: small issues using OpenMeetings via LDAP

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
this was the behavior of old code
and I leave it "as is"

this is the example:
ldap_user_attr_phone=_bad_telephoneNumber

so you telling OM to get value of "totally" non-existent attribute

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: small issues using OpenMeetings via LDAP

Posted by Michael Wuttke <mi...@beuth-hochschule.de>.
Hello Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
i'm afraid i't not an issue