Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/22 06:16:52 UTC

Modalbox Integration Example

Hi

I recently required some modal window in my application and found this

http://okonet.ru/projects/modalbox/index.html

So, I thought of integrating it with tapestry and it was so easy.

Here is the code

import java.util.List;

import org.apache.tapestry5.BindingConstants;
import org.apache.tapestry5.ClientElement;
import org.apache.tapestry5.ComponentResources;
import org.apache.tapestry5.Link;
import org.apache.tapestry5.MarkupWriter;
import org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.Import;
import org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.Parameter;
import org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.SupportsInformalParameters;
import org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.annotations.Inject;
import org.apache.tapestry5.json.JSONObject;
import org.apache.tapestry5.services.PageRenderLinkSource;
import org.apache.tapestry5.services.javascript.JavaScriptSupport;

/**
 * ModalBox support for Tapestry5 Check <a
 * href='http://okonet.ru/projects/modalbox/index.html'>ModalBox</a> for
details
 * This component uses version 1.5.5
 *
 *
 */
@Import(library = { "modal/effects.js", "modal/builder.js",
      "modal/modalbox.js", "modal/modalboxinit.js" }, stylesheet =
"modal/modalbox.css")
@SupportsInformalParameters
public class ModalBox implements ClientElement {

   public static final String EVENT_TYPE = "event";
   public static final String PAGE_TYPE = "page";

   @Parameter(value = "componentResources.id", defaultPrefix =
BindingConstants.LITERAL)
   private String clientId;

   @Inject
   private JavaScriptSupport javaScriptSupport;

   private String assignedClientId;

   @Parameter(value = EVENT_TYPE, defaultPrefix = BindingConstants.LITERAL,
allowNull = false)
   private String type;

   @Parameter(value = "event", defaultPrefix = BindingConstants.LITERAL,
allowNull = false)
   private String event;

   @Parameter(value = "click", defaultPrefix = BindingConstants.LITERAL,
allowNull = false)
   private String clientEvent;

   @Parameter(defaultPrefix = BindingConstants.LITERAL)
   private String pageName;

   @Inject
   private ComponentResources resources;

   @Inject
   private PageRenderLinkSource pageRenderLinkSource;

   @Parameter
   private List<?> context;

   private Object[] contextArray;

   @Parameter(value = "false", defaultPrefix = BindingConstants.LITERAL)
   private boolean disabled;

   /**
    * Setup render
    */
   void setupRender() {
      assignedClientId = javaScriptSupport.allocateClientId(clientId);
      contextArray = context == null ? new Object[] {} : context.toArray();

      if (!type.equals(EVENT_TYPE) && !type.equals(PAGE_TYPE)) {
         throw new RuntimeException("Parameter type can only be " +
EVENT_TYPE
               + " or " + PAGE_TYPE);
      }

      if (type.equals(PAGE_TYPE) && pageName == null) {
         throw new RuntimeException(
               "Parameter pageName cannot be null if parameter type is "
                     + PAGE_TYPE);
      }
   }

   void beginRender(final MarkupWriter writer) {
      writer.element("a", "href", "#", "id", getClientId());
   }

   void afterRender(final MarkupWriter writer) {
      writer.end();

      if (disabled) {
         return;
      }

      final Link link;
      if (EVENT_TYPE.equalsIgnoreCase(type)) {
         link = resources.createEventLink(event, contextArray);
      } else { // if(PAGE_TYPE.equals(type)){
         System.out.println("Page Link");
         link =
pageRenderLinkSource.createPageRenderLinkWithContext(pageName,
               contextArray);
      }

      final JSONObject params = new JSONObject();
      for (String informalParameter : resources.getInformalParameterNames())
{
         params.put(informalParameter, resources.getInformalParameter(
               informalParameter, String.class));
      }

      final JSONObject spec = new JSONObject();
      spec.put("id", getClientId());
      spec.put("href", link.toAbsoluteURI());
      spec.put("event", clientEvent);
      spec.put("type", type);
      spec.put("params", params);
      javaScriptSupport.addScript("new ModalBoxInit(%s);", spec);

   }

   /**
    * {@inheritDoc}
    */
   public String getClientId() {
      return assignedClientId;
   }

}

I have downloaded http://modalbox.googlecode.com/files/modalbox_1.5.5.zip
and extracted the lib folder as model folder

I have also added a small script for customization.

ModalBoxInit = Class.create( {

   /* Initialize Function */
   initialize : function(spec) {
      if (spec.type == "page") {
         Event.observe($(spec.id), spec.event, function() {
            Modalbox.show(spec.href, spec.params);
         });
      } else {
         Event.observe($(spec.id), spec.event, function() {
            Tapestry.ajaxRequest(spec.href, {
               method : 'get',
               onSuccess : function(transport) {
                  var node = new
Element('div').update(transport.responseJSON.content);
                  Modalbox.show(node, spec.params);
               }
            }
            );
         }
         );
      }
   }
});

Usage is simple

Template is

<t:layout xmlns:t='http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_1_0.xsd'>
   <t:tawus.ModalBox t:type='page' t:pageName='Index'>Click To See
      ModalBox</t:tawus.ModalBox><br/>

       <t:tawus.ModalBox t:type='event'>Click To See
      Inline Modal Box</t:tawus.ModalBox>
      <t:block t:id='messageBlock'>
         This is a simple Message
      </t:block>

</t:layout>

Java

public class ModalBoxDemo {

   @Inject
   private Block messageBlock;

   public Object onEvent(){
      return messageBlock;
   }

}

regards
Taha

Re: Modalbox Integration Example

Posted by Taha Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
Ah, you want to disable it in javascript. You will have to disable it on page-load and then enable/disable it when user clicks on grids.

By enable/disable I mean to enable/disable the link/button displaying the modal box. You can use $$ prototype function to match a complex css selection.

regards
Taha

Posted by Taha Siddiqi <ta...@gmail.com>.
If disabled parameter is true, the client scripts are not loaded. I think that should disable the modalbox. Doesn't it ?

regards
Taha

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, you are right it will prevent any effect on the browser back
button...

regards
taha

Posted by Sigbjørn Tvedt <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Taha.

Posted by tompeter <in...@tomkrause.com>.
Hi Taha,
thanks for your help and code!
I found out that it works nice when I am using an inline Modal Box.
I did not get it to work with the Modal Box displaying a page though.

I implemented it with Inline Modal Box displaying a component now...

Thanks and all best,
Tom

Re: Modalbox Integration Example

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom

I am using this piece of code in one of my applications and I am submitting
even ajax form using it. I did make some changes to it. I am  attaching the
code. (I had to extract it from my one of my modules, so not in proper
directory structure).

regards
Taha

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 03 May 2011 12:58:34 -0300, tompeter <in...@tomkrause.com> wrote:

> Hi Taha,
>
> first off, thanks for your code!
> I have a question concerning the zone support.
> I have implemented the necessary javascript parts but get an error when
> using zones:
> Return type org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.BlockImpl can not be
> handled

This happens when a non-AJAX (XmlHttpRequest) is made and an AJAX-related
value is returned (block, component instance, JSONObject, etc). @Inject
Request and use its isXHR() method to check that.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Modalbox Integration Example

Posted by tompeter <in...@tomkrause.com>.
Hi Taha,

first off, thanks for your code!
I have a question concerning the zone support.
I have implemented the necessary javascript parts but get an error when
using zones:
Return type org.apache.tapestry5.internal.structure.BlockImpl can not be
handled

Can you tell me what I am missing?

Thanks and best,
Tom

Re: Modalbox Integration Example

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
also, you need to add

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jim,

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
You are always welcome to use it.

I have added support for full loading of scripts and zone updates... Will
update

http://code.google.com/p/tapestry-addons/

<http://code.google.com/p/tapestry-addons/>regards
Taha