Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Newman, Elise" <en...@integrity-apps.com> on 2013/05/30 21:19:33 UTC

Preferred method for a client to obtain a connector reference

Hello!

Stupid question: What is the preferred way for a client to get a connector reference? The SimpleClient example uses org.apache.accumulo.core.client.Instance.getConnector, but that method appears to be deprecated (I'm using a snapshot of Accumulo 1.6).

Thanks!
Elise

RE: Preferred method for a client to obtain a connector reference

Posted by "Newman, Elise" <en...@integrity-apps.com>.
Ah, yes they are clearly in the javadoc - I was looking at the 1.4 docs (oops).

Thanks.

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adam Fuchs <af...@apache.org>.
Oops! I need to read more closely. What Bill said.

Cheers,
Adam

Posted by William Slacum <wi...@accumulo.net>.
There's an almost identical method that, instead of a CharSequence or
byte[], takes an AuthorizationToken object. If you're using user/password,
use a PasswordToken (I think that's the name of the object).

Posted by "Newman, Elise" <en...@integrity-apps.com>.

Posted by Adam Fuchs <af...@apache.org>.
Elise,