Posted to user@commons.apache.org by JammyZ <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/04 11:18:05 UTC

[lang] common-lang3 mvn repo

Hi,
  I am using the 3.0-SNAPSHOT of commons-lang3 and it seems like something
changed in the repository yesterday.
  See the dates at
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.0-SNAPSHOT/

  However the version has not changed, it is the same since September.
Someone from my team just checked out our project yesterday and this library
wouldn't download. I've not had the time to look at why yet, but it seems
strange that the files have changed if the version has not changed, possible
tampering?

Regards,
Iker.

Re: [lang] common-lang3 mvn repo

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 4 November 2010 18:39, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2010-11-04 11:18, JammyZ wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I am using the 3.0-SNAPSHOT of commons-lang3 and it seems like something
>> changed in the repository yesterday.
>>   See the dates at
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.0-SNAPSHOT/
>>
>>   However the version has not changed, it is the same since September.
>> Someone from my team just checked out our project yesterday and this library
>> wouldn't download. I've not had the time to look at why yet, but it seems
>> strange that the files have changed if the version has not changed, possible
>> tampering?
>
> It is the checksum files that have changed, not the artifact itself.
> Perhaps someone is running a maintenance job on the Nexus instance (the
> repository manager we use) at repository.apache.org?

I've just rechecked all the sigs and hashes and they are all OK.
So it is only the checksum file *dates* that have changed - the
contents may have been recreated, but they are still valid.

Perhaps your team colleague happened to try the download whilst the
checksum files were being replaced?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

--
Dennis Lundberg