Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net> on 2006/08/02 19:40:52 UTC

Article about Derby and Ajax based on Francois Orsini's "Database in a Browser Demo"

Francois Orsini [1] created a demo for ApacheCon in San Diego last year
which demonstrated how to user Derby from within a browser.  His talk was very
well received at the conference.

Based on his work I wrote an article [2] which includes a sample address book application
which embeds Derby and a Jetty web server in a Firefox browser.  Derby acts as
the data repository, Jetty is used to host a controller servlet and respond to http
requests and Ajax technologies are used to enhance the look and feel of the
application as well as to improve the overall responsiveness of the application.

All source, html files and JavaScript files are included.

Susan

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Derby-in-a-browser-demo-now-available%21%21-tf1171149.html#a3076994

[2] http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0607cline/

Re: Article about Derby and Ajax based on Francois Orsini's "Database in a Browser Demo"

Posted by ho...@pacbell.net.
Hi David,

Thanks - it sounds like the version you will be coming up with is another good
way to show how well Derby integrates into numerous environments.  I'll be interested
in seeing  your app, paper / article, etc., if you end up sharing it.

Susan

Posted by David Van Couvering <Da...@Sun.COM>.