Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@hotmail.com> on 2010/10/20 00:30:07 UTC

Problems with logging.properties

  Dear all,

I've already spent lot's of time trying to make some Spring Framework
messages go away from my log, without success. My last configuration is:
/** Begin of file **/
handlers = 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
2localhost.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
3manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
4host-manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler, java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
.handlers = 1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler,
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = INFO
1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
1catalina.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = catalina.
2localhost.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = INFO
2localhost.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
2localhost.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = localhost.
3manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = INFO
3manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
3manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = manager.
4host-manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = INFO
4host-manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
4host-manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = host-manager.
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = INFO
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter =
java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].level = FINE
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].handlers =
2localhost.org.apache.juli.FileHandler
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/manager].level
= FINE
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/manager].handlers
= 3manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/host-manager].level
= FINE
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/host-manager].handlers
= 4host-manager.org.apache.juli.FileHandler
org.springframework.beans.factory.config.FieldRetrievingFactoryBean.level =
WARNING
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.level
= WARNING
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.level =
WARNING
/** End of file **/

The last 3 lines just does makes no effect at all, see the log output
(more than 100 lines like that):
/** Begin of Log **/
19/10/2010 20:19:49
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory
registerBeanDefinition
INFO: Overriding bean definition for bean 'thermometerType': replacing
[Generic bean: class
[org.springframework.beans.factory.config.FieldRetrievingFactoryBean];
scope=singleton; abstract=false; lazyInit=false; autowireMode=0;
dependencyCheck=0; autowireCandidate=true; primary=false;
factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null; initMethodName=null;
destroyMethodName=null] with [Generic bean: class
[org.springframework.beans.factory.config.FieldRetrievingFactoryBean];
scope=singleton; abstract=false; lazyInit=false; autowireMode=0;
dependencyCheck=0; autowireCandidate=true; primary=false;
factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null; initMethodName=null;
destroyMethodName=null]
19/10/2010 20:19:49
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory
registerBeanDefinition
INFO: Overriding bean definition for bean 'timeSeriesType': replacing
[Generic bean: class
[org.springframework.beans.factory.config.FieldRetrievingFactoryBean];
scope=singleton; abstract=false; lazyInit=false; autowireMode=0;
dependencyCheck=0; autowireCandidate=true; primary=false;
factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null; initMethodName=null;
destroyMethodName=null] with [Generic bean: class
[org.springframework.beans.factory.config.FieldRetrievingFactoryBean];
scope=singleton; abstract=false; lazyInit=false; autowireMode=0;
dependencyCheck=0; autowireCandidate=true; primary=false;
factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null; initMethodName=null;
destroyMethodName=null]
/** End of Log **/

Can please some kind soul tell me how can I fix that without changing
from "java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = INFO" to
"java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = WARNING" (IT: this works, but
will also remove other important information I would like to see in the
log).

I'll appreciate your help!

Regards,

Edson Richter

Re: Problems with logging.properties

Posted by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks,

Using only the package:

org.springframework.beans.factory.level=WARNING

to define the level worked really well.

Regards,

Edson.

Posted by Jason Britton <jb...@gmail.com>.