Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Roger Williams <ro...@roger.jp> on 2002/04/07 06:17:00 UTC

RE: Apache2 and PHP Better..lol

##  ---- PHP BUILD ----  ##

Once your at this point copy the two directories in /usr/src to /usr/local.

$ cd /usr/local/apache_1.3.x
$ ./configure

$  cd /usr/local/
$ gunzip -d php-4.0.3.tar.gz | tar xf -
Here is what I use.  You need to update the version numbers for your needs.

Roger

Good luck

$ cd php-4.0.x
$ ./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.x --enable-track-vars
$ make
$ make install

$ cd ../php-4.0.x
$ cp php.ini-dist /usr/local/lib/php.ini

You can edit /usr/local/lib/php.ini file to set PHP options.

Edit your httpd.conf or srm.conf file and add:
  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

$ cd /usr/local/apache_1.3.x

./configure --prefix=/var/www
            --enable-suexec
            --suexec-userdir=virtual_html/cgi-local
            --suexec-docroot=/var/www/htdocs
            --with-perl=/usr/bin/perl
            --add-module=/usr/local/apache_1.3.20/src/modules/standard/mod_s
o.c
            --activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a
            --activate-module=src/modules/frontpage/mod_frontpage.o

   make
   make install

   adduser www:www

  modify httpd.conf to start as www.

  Edit your httpd.conf or srm.conf file and add:
  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

  /var/www/bin/apachectl start

 Thats It !!!!!