Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Xiang Li <li...@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de> on 2008/06/06 14:28:23 UTC

Cannot Login after Creating New Publication Following the Tutorial

Hi!
   Our department is planning to migrate our homepage to a new CMS. I am
currently trying out Apache Lenya.
I followed the tutorial of creating a new publication given on the
homepage. After compiling, the default main page can display the new
publication. But when i tried to login for authoring, i was told
                         "The publication with the ID "test" does not exist"
where "test" is the id of the publication specified in publication.xml.

Could any one help me with this?
Thanks in advance!

cheers,
Xiang Li

Re: Cannot Login after Creating New Publication Following the Tutorial

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@null-oder-eins.ch>.
Hi Xiang

Am 06.06.2008 um 16:31 schrieb Xiang Li:

> I just figured out the problem by looking into the log. After
> correcting the following two problems, i finally got it right:
>
> 1.  misspelled xml header
>  <? xml version="1.0"  encoding="UTF-8" >
> which gives an xml parsing exception "a pseudo attribute name is
> expected" (a not understandable description).
>
> 2. Use of relative paths in my publication.xml refered to wrong
> places because the build directory and src directory are differnt. I
> changed to absolute paths.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm glad you could locate the problem.

Jürgen

Re: Cannot Login after Creating New Publication Following the Tutorial

Posted by Xiang Li <li...@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>.
Hi Jürgen!

Posted by Xiang Li <li...@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>.
Hi Jürgen!

First, thanks for your attention!

   I just added a new publication manually, not through the GUI. I do
not know how to publish the page in this situation.

    Furthermore, the "resource not found" occurred after i  clicked on
the publication title on the default index.html page.

cheers,
Xiang

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi Xiang

Posted by Xiang Li <li...@i5.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>.
I changed the path of the data directory and did some other meaningless
changes, and now the error becomes:

/Message: Resource Not Found/

be found/

/Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet/

/Source: Cocoon Servlet/

The contents of the data directory and the pubs/test directory are given
as follows.
1.  Structure of the data directory is as follows:
.:
access-control  content

./access-control:
passwd  policies

./access-control/passwd:
admin.iml  admin.rml  administrators.gml  edit.rml  review.rml
session.rml  sitemanager.rml  visit.rml

./access-control/policies:
authoring  introduction.html

./access-control/policies/authoring:
subtree-policy.acml

./access-control/policies/introduction.html:
subtree-policy.acml

./content:

2. Structure of the pubs/test
.: