Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com> on 2001/09/20 10:10:14 UTC

[Fwd: Re: Is building Apache 1.3.20 with Solaris CC 6.0 or 5.0 possible?]

This is a weird one.  See my reply below for my thoughts.

In short, the answer is no because forte is screaming about the double
declaration of mutex - which seems to be a valid error.  The mutex
in include/multithread.h really needs to be namespace-protected.

Original message here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix&selm=d1efd44f.0109190840.24ca4739%40posting.google.com

-- justin

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>.
On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 01:20:05PM -0700, Danek Duvall wrote:
> Do you know why Nick is using the C++ compiler (CC) instead of the C
> compiler (c)?  Apache builds just fine under Solaris 8 and 9 with the Forte
> 6.0 C compiler, but gives the same errors that Nick gets if I use CC
> instead.
>
> I dunno if that's supposed to work, but he might try g++ and see if that
> gets any further ...

Oh, damn.  I got confused.  You are right - it should be cc not
CC.  Duh.  It works here.  -- justin

Re: [Fwd: Re: Is building Apache 1.3.20 with Solaris CC 6.0 or 5.0 possible?]