Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dipti Srivastava <Di...@apollogrp.edu> on 2012/02/15 01:41:57 UTC

Solr soft commit feature

Hi All,
Is there a way to soft commit in the current released version of solr 3.5?

Regards,
Dipti Srivastava

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.

Re: Solr soft commit feature

Posted by Nagendra Nagarajayya <nn...@transaxtions.com>.
The slaves will be able to replicate from the master as before but not
in NRT depending on your commit interval. Commit interval can be set
higher for NRT as it is not needed for searches except for consolidating
the index changes on the master and can be an hr or even more. It maybe
easier to update the slaves directly as the update/query performance is
high (replication in the cloud in 4.0 also follows similar paradigm as
the docs are sent across as a whole to be replicated. So for now you may
have to do this manually)

- Nagendra Nagarajayya
http://solr-ra.tgels.org
http://rankingalgorithm.tgels.org

Re: Solr soft commit feature

Posted by Dipti Srivastava <Di...@apollogrp.edu>.
Hi Nagendra,

Re: Solr soft commit feature

Posted by Nagendra Nagarajayya <nn...@transaxtions.com>.

Re: Solr soft commit feature

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
This has not been ported back to the 3.X line yet - mostly because it involved some rather large and invasive changes that I wanted to bake on trunk for some time first.

Even still, the back port is not trivial, so I don't know that it's something I'd personally be able to get to in the short term. If I had any free time, I'd probably prefer pushing towards a 4 release with NRT. Some of the changes also broke back compat behavior in ways that are more acceptable over a major release.

Someone else might jump in and do the work of course.

On Feb 14, 2012, at 7:41 PM, Dipti Srivastava wrote:

> Hi All,
> Is there a way to soft commit in the current released version of solr 3.5?
>
> Regards,
> Dipti Srivastava
>

> This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com