Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Kovács István <ko...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/01 10:19:50 UTC

Multi-rooted "fileset"?

Hi,

I'd like to assemble a group of files that I can save and reuse. It'd
need to have files from multiple directories. That is, instead of
writing down
<fileset dir="dir1">
	<include name="sub1/**/*class" />
	<include name="sub2/resources/**/*" />
	<exlcude name="sub2/resources/whatever/**/*" />
</fileset>
<fileset dir="dir2">
	<include name="sub1/**/*ext" />
	<include name="sub2/something/**/*" />
</fileset>

several times, I'd like to save this specific group of files in some
structure and reuse it whenever I need to (within the same build
script). Please let me know if this is possible.

TIA,
Kofa

Re: Multi-rooted "fileset"?

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <fl...@mindspring.com>.
Use a path like so:

<path  id = "allFiles">
    <fileset dir="dir1">
        <include name="sub1/**/*class" />
        <include name="sub2/resources/**/*" />
        <exlcude name="sub2/resources/whatever/**/*" />
    </fileset>
    <fileset dir="dir2">
        <include name="sub1/**/*ext" />
        <include name="sub2/something/**/*" />
    </fileset>
</path>

Kovács István wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to assemble a group of files that I can save and reuse. It'd
> need to have files from multiple directories. That is, instead of
> writing down
> <fileset dir="dir1">
>     <include name="sub1/**/*class" />
>     <include name="sub2/resources/**/*" />
>     <exlcude name="sub2/resources/whatever/**/*" />
> </fileset>
> <fileset dir="dir2">
>     <include name="sub1/**/*ext" />
>     <include name="sub2/something/**/*" />
> </fileset>
>
> several times, I'd like to save this specific group of files in some
> structure and reuse it whenever I need to (within the same build
> script). Please let me know if this is possible.
>
> TIA,
> Kofa

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale