Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Johannes Stuermer <js...@lrn.com> on 2003/10/26 04:05:55 UTC

column-width warning

I keep getting this warning during PDF generation in an embbedded FOP app:

"Sum of fixed column widths 751000 greater than maximum specified IPD"

However, in the XSL-FO file I can't find anything unusual that would
indicate an invalid value for a table columns. What can cause such a
warning?

Thanks

Re: column-width warning

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Johannes Stuermer wrote:
> I keep getting this warning during PDF generation in an embbedded FOP app:
>
> "Sum of fixed column widths 751000 greater than maximum specified IPD"
>
> However, in the XSL-FO file I can't find anything unusual that would
> indicate an invalid value for a table columns. What can cause such a
> warning?

The values are not necessarily invalid, just a bit too large.
751000 Millipointsare roughly 26.5 cm, which ought to be a bit
too wide for common paper formats. Just check your width values.

J.Pietschmann

RE: column-width warning

Posted by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be>.

Hi,

Are you by any chance using nested tables? If so, make sure the sum of the
column widths of the inner table is about 1mm smaller than the width of the
surrounding cell...
Other possibilities: sum of column-widths + width of the cell-borders turns
out to be a bit too large to fit in the respective region.

Can you post a piece of the FO here and let us have a look at it?

Greetz,

Andreas