Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Timo Kolthoff <Ti...@fagerhult.se> on 2018/08/07 11:55:22 UTC

newtmgr

Hi,

Is it correct that newtmgr is only ble point to point capable, so no
ble mesh support? Is it something that has been concidered or possible
to be implemented?

This implies that there will not be support for log fetching,
statistics or software upgrading in a ble mesh network? Is this
something that will be solved in the mesh networking specifications?

If so, does anybody know when one could expect a release of this
functionality?

/BR

Re: newtmgr

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.
Hi Tim,

I don't think the software update or log collection will be addressed in the mesh network specs. It wasn't specifically addressed in the BLE 4.0/5.0 specs either. We used the general characteristics definition and GATT procedures to implement the desired device management functions. We'd have to do that for mesh as well and leverage features such as multicast/group address, client-server definitions etc.

thanks,
aditi

Re: newtmgr

Posted by Timo Kolthoff <Ti...@fagerhult.se>.