Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Vicky Kak <vi...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/15 15:11:36 UTC

Accumulo shell remote debugger settings.

While trying to get the remote debugger running with accumulo I figured
that for the accumulo shell command we need to introduce the following
changes

1) test -z "$ACCUMULO_SHELL_OPTS"   && export ACCUMULO_SHELL_OPTS="-Xmx128m
-Xms64m -Xrunjdwp:server=y,transport=dt_socket,address=4002,suspend=n"

in accumulo-env.sh

2)
include the additional case in accumulo.sh

shell)  export ACCUMULO_OPTS="${ACCUMULO_GENERAL_OPTS}
${ACCUMULO_SHELL_OPTS}" ;;

We can't define the debugger port in the $ACCUMULO_OTHER_OPTS in the
accumulo-env.sh as that would be bind when start-all.sh is called.

Before I raise a JIRA for this a provide a patch I would like to hear the
option from others how they enable the remote debugging for the shell
command.

Thanks,
Vicky

Re: Accumulo shell remote debugger settings.

Posted by Vicky Kak <vi...@gmail.com>.
Well it seems I have been making changed in the accumulo-env present in the
conf root which might to be getting generated during the build process I
guess, I don't see it in the git here
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/tree/master/conf

I need to make the changes in accumulo-env at
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/tree/master/conf/templates location.

Posted by Vicky Kak <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.