Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by adrianallende <ad...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/23 17:41:47 UTC

TCP client and server queues

Hi!

I am trying to collect all TCP messages (string or just a pure binary
content) from a CLIENT OR SERVER tcp process to an ActiveMQ queue.

Again, I have a tcp client sending binary data to a server:port and I need
to collect all those messages.
Also, I have a tcp server, that is sending msgs to a client:port and I need
to collect all those too.
In my case, I should replace server:port and client:port to be the ActiveMQ
broker.

Still I can not get the best config to achieve this, if just a transport
config in the activemq.xml is enough or I need to configure a Camel context
and a route.
I have been trying both aproaches, ad made a lot of reading, but still I am
not sure about the concepts.

transportConnector config in activemq.xml
===============================

<transportConnector name="tcp" uri="tcp://localhost:3333?trace=true"/>

will create a server listening for a WireFormat, but my binary messages has
no specific

but leads to this error

WARN | Transport Connection to: tcp://127.0.0.1:64388 failed:
java.io.IOException: Unknown data type: 48
WARN | Transport Connection to: tcp://127.0.0.1:62131 failed:
java.io.IOException: Unknown data type: 58

and anyway I do not know to what queue it would be used to collect the
messages

camel route
========
<camelContext id="camel" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
	<route>
		<from uri="netty:tcp://localhost:3333?textline=true"/>
		<to uri="mock:someName?options"/>
	</route>
</camelContext>

Leads to this error

netty://tcp://localhost:3333?textline=true due to: No component found with
scheme: netty

Despite the low level errors (a "bad wire format" and a "netty not found by
camel") still I feel I can not get the idea, which one is the rigth path,
and how to tell if my process is a CLIENT or a SERVER. Seems all
alternatives are expecting only clients.

Can you please give me a clue? An example config file?

Thanks!