Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Butler <cb...@mateso.com> on 2003/02/25 16:00:11 UTC

Maven b8 v Maven b7 (Id, Name bug or spec change?)

Heya Folks,

I noticed that a dash character ('-') is no longer acceptable in project
ID.

Example:
[old] Maven beta-7
  <id>My-Project</id>
[new] Maven beta-8
  <id>MyProject</id>

The following exception is thrown in all maven usage:

java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.maven.project.Project.standardToLegacyId(Project.java:1541
) at
org.apache.maven.ArtifactListBuilder.build(ArtifactListBuilder.java:9
5) at
org.apache.maven.project.Project.buildArtifactList(Project.java:1434)
at org.apache.maven.project.Project.initialize(Project.java:1258)
at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:251)
at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:162)
at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initializeRootProject(MavenSession.java
:336)
at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initialize(MavenSession.java:246)
at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:507)
at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1074)
java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:543)
at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:573)

Chris

PS: I'm all for possible 'no reqs' on goals (ie. testing without forcing
a java:compile, war:install, etc).  Sometimes you've already just run
the previous goal and there's no point in going through it again.

Currently I've been writing my own jelly for this and using "only":
ie. war:only

The more basic goals with prereqs can be wrapped around the "only" goal.